The Student Leadership Academy is a unique leadership development and two-year community service scholarship program that aims to produce highly-skilled and experienced graduates in the areas of leadership and service.
The Student Leadership Academy Service Scholarship
- Covers a maximum of six semesters over a period of two consecutive years
- Up to $2,120 in tuition and fees for fall and spring semester
- $567 for two optional summer semesters (at least three approved credits required)
- Academy members selected by a scholarship review committee
- May be a new or returning student
- Must have a 2.5 G.P.A. or higher
- Must be in good standing (i.e. not on academic or social probation)
- Enrolled for at least six credits (fall and spring semesters)
- Must meet assigned academy requirements
- Participate in a series of four leadership courses designed for academy members (8 credits)
- Serve on and observe campus councils and committees to represent student ideas, interests, opinions and concerns to the LCC administration, Board of Trustees, faculty/staff and students. Inform students of college policies, programs and services.
- Participate in community and service learning projects which will instill and inspire a positive sense of servant leadership
- A minimum of 30 hours of approved volunteer service each semester
Educational Expense Scholarship Award
- $2120 for each of four semesters
- $567 for one summer semester
Contact the StarZone
Visit the StarZone to get help with admissions, financial aid, academic advising,
payment plans, placement testing, orientation and all other student services.