Lansing Community College's Massage Program is accepting clients for the Fall Semester 2021 Massage Clinic.
The clinic allows students of the Massage Program to gain valuable client experience and gives our clients the chance to experience the many health benefits of therapeutic massage at a reduced cost.
The clinic is housed in Room 013 of the Health and Human Services Building at 515 N. Washington Square, Lansing.
Wednesdays at 6:00pm and 7:30pm from August 25 through October 13, 2021
Clients must be at least 18 years old, in good health, and willing to participate in a brief health screening at the time appointments are scheduled.
Our student clinic is not able to provide services to pregnant women or anyone with recent surgeries. People with restrictions to cardiovascular exercise should check with their doctor before scheduling a massage appointment.
- Cost: All appointments are $25 and must be paid before your session begins. Only online
payments are accepted.
- What to wear: clients in our clinic are allowed to undress to the level of their comfort while still leaving bottom underwear on. This may mean that you leave some clothing on to remain comfortable or it may mean that you undress to your bottom underwear. No matter your clothing choices, the student therapist will always use appropriate, modest draping to keep you covered except for the area being massaged. Your comfort is paramount.
- Where to park: Gannon Parking ramp was demolished for reconstruction and is not available for parking. Clients can park in street-side meters on Capitol Avenue or Lapeer Street.
- Tipping: Michigan law prohibits our students from receiving any payment, including tips, from clients while they are in school
- Running late? We will hold your appointment for 15 minutes before we find someone to fill it. Our goal is to have each student therapist actively massaging when they are scheduled to.
- No show policy: If you do not cancel 24 hours in advance or fail to show up for 2 appointments, we will invite you to seek massage elsewhere.
- How is a clinic different than a spa? Our clinic has hospital-sytle curtains separating each cubicle so clients are asked to minimize talking. Instructors will be discretely observing the students during the massage. Also, we require that each client complete a feedback form for their student before leaving the clinic
To Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment, you may click the Book Appointment button in the middle of this page. You may also email email@example.com or leave a message at 527-483-1451.
***If you are pregnant, have recently suffered an injury, we cannot accept you as a client at this time. If you have questions regarding your possible acceptance please call 517-483-1451 and talk with our staff.***
24-Hour Cancellation Policy
Leave a message at 517-483-1451
- If you do not provide at least 24-hour notice you will be charged for the appointment.
- Client substitutions must be arranged through the clinic staff.
- Payment for missed appointments or late cancellations must be RECEIVED within six days.
- If payment is not received, any scheduled appointments will be cancelled and no future appointments will be made until payment has been received.
Lansing Community College
PO Box 40010
Lansing MI 48901-7210