You Are Welcome Here
Lansing Community College’s Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI) provides resources that foster awareness as well as empower students with knowledge, tools and experiences that promote global citizenship and a more inclusive campus. We thus embrace an inclusive community that brings together students, faculty, and staff of different racial and multi-racial, ethnic and multi-ethnic, gender and sexually diverse, economic, religious, and national identities and ages. The Office of Diversity & Inclusion envisions a college that is supportive of all perspectives, cultures, and differences. Our core values are evident through services, programs, and initiatives that ensure the creation and maintenance of a diverse and inclusive community that affirms diverse perspectives, attitudes, beliefs, and experiences.
- Promote an inclusive environment where students, faculty, and staff feel safe and supported
- Provides trainings for students faculty and staff and surround community
- Creates and implements programs that bring diverse perspectives to campus
- Collaborates with campus and community partners to recruit and retain a diverse population of students, staff, and faculty
- Coordinates services and programming that improves retention and transition for students from underrepresented populations
Calendar of Events
All Day Event
2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Definitions of Diversity and Inclusion
- Diversity is the entire range of human differences that includes, but is not limited to, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, socioeconomic status, veteran status, physical and cognitive ability or attributes, religious affiliation, national origin, citizenship, and political beliefs.
- Inclusion is involvement and empowerment where the inherent worth and dignity of all people is recognized. An inclusive college promotes and sustains a sense of belonging; it values and respects the talents, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of living of its community members.
- Inclusive Excellence (IE) is the recognition that a community or institution's success is dependent on how well it values, engages and includes the rich diversity of students, staff, and faculty, administrators, and alumni constituents.
Lansing Community College will join the national Act commemorating four centuries of African-American history in the United States.Learn More
Office of Diversity and Inclusion