LCC Continuing Education department is pleased to announce that our institution has been approved to be a State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECH) sponsor. Now, educators can obtain clock hours for attending programs approved by the Michigan Department of Education. At Lansing Community College, we recognize that, as an educator, it is important to continue your professional development with quality learning opportunities. We are proud to be your professional partner in expanding your knowledge and serving our communities. Watch for new learning opportunities each semester.
Need to Earn SCECH for Michigan K-12 Certificate Renewal?
It's as easy as A B C!
- Browse all of our Non-Credit SCECH courses.
- Click on the Course Title of your choice.
- Click on "Enroll Now" to register and pay for your course.
The Michigan Department of Education (MDE) has approved the selected list of LCC Non-credit Online Courses to award SCECH upon successful completion of the requirements.
Required Steps to Earn SCECH for LCC Non-credit Online Courses
- Print and maintain a log of time spent in learning activities; sign and date the course
log before submitting it.
LCC SCECH Form
- Through your online Classroom:
- Complete and submit online Quizzes 1-12
- Complete and submit the online Final Exam with a score of 80 percent or better.
- Complete and return a Participant Information Form for each course you take each month.
(Please note: You cannot print a Certificate of Completion from the Online Classroom;
it is not accepted for SCECHs.)
LCC SCECH Participant Form
- Submit the online Evaluation at the MDE SCECH website.
*Failure to complete any of these requirements may delay or rescind your SCECHs
SCECH Courses List
Here you will find a list of pre-approved SCECH courses. Courses not listed below require additional approval steps prior to completing. Contact Carolyn Dembowski for questions at email@example.com.