For Lansing H.O.P.E, Lansing Promise, and Mason Promise scholarships, visit our H.O.P.E. and Promise Scholarships page.
Please take a look at the following scholarship opportunities offered through a variety of outside resources, as well as online scholarship search engines.
Please note: the following resources are outside scholarships. Lansing Community College is not affiliated with the following scholarships. Lansing Community College does not endorse any specific website and is not responsible for the content on the website. Please visit the scholarship website for the latest accurate information, as details may change.
Outside Scholarship Resource
Associates Degree Scholarship in Nursing and Medical Assisting
- This scholarship program is open to students pursuing Nursing and Medical Assisting associate’s degrees, diplomas and certificate programs.
- High school students enrolled in a Nursing or Medical Assisting associate’s program next year are also eligible to receive the award.
- Bachelor and graduate students do not qualify.
- Selection is based on academic history, extracurricular activities, and employment history.
- Eligible students must be full-time students during the academic year the scholarship is received. Financial need is not considered.
$500 April 1 of every year B. Davis Scholarship
- No Age Restriction;
- Be sure to include your name and the school you are attending this year and next;
- This is not an academic scholarship but we would like to know where you are going to school now and what your future academic plans are.
$1,000 May 1 and October 1 of every year Brown Trial Firm Scholarship
- Submit a 500-word essay to answer the following question: "What innovative therapies and activities improve the lives of children with cerebral palsy and their families?"
- You must be a U.S. resident or resident alien who is currently registered at a U.S. college or university.
- Essays must be unique (not submitted elsewhere) and written by the scholarship application signator.
- Applicants must read, understand, sign and return to us the (PDF) Brown Trial Firm Scholarship Essay Contest Application & Rules along with your submission.
Only one submission per student will be considered.
$1,000 June 1, 2021 Business Leaders Scholarship
- Work history and activities
- GPA (minimum 3.2 of a 4.0 scale)
- Must be a current student at an accredited US University or College. Online programs are acceptable.
$1,500 May 1 and October 1 of every year Chalik & Chalik Cancer Survivors Scholarship
- Must have been diagnosed with cancer
- 3.0 GPA
- Admitted to or enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Write and submit an essay on the topic (How are you helping others diagnosed with a serious illness and how did your cancer diagnosis influence you to help others)
- Agree to terms and conditions, and send an application.
$1,000 June 15, 2021 Chairish “Design Your Future” Scholarship Requirements:
- Minimum 3.0/4.0 cumulative GPA.
- Must be at least 18 years old as of the date of application.
- Must be a permanent legal U.S. resident physically residing in the fifty United States of America or the District of Columbia.
- Open to graduating high school seniors, college undergraduates, and graduate students.
- Must be enrolled or planning to enroll at an accredited two-year, four-year, or technical/vocational college or university in the United States.
- This scholarship is open to students from all underrepresented or disadvantaged backgrounds. Examples of ideal applicants include, but are not limited to, students from racial minorities typically underrepresented in higher education, first generation college students, women pursuing a degree in a STEM or typically male-dominated industries, students with disabilities, and or similar situations.
- Essay Requirement: Applicants must submit a 500 word essay designing their ideal future and what the student plans to do in order to achieve that dream.
$2,500 June 30, 2021 CHESTER Entrepreneur Scholarship
- Currently enrolled or accepted undergraduate or graduate degree program at an accredited college, university, or trade school
- Write and submit an essay (500-1,000 words) on the topic: since it was created, the internet has both helped and complicated the rise of entrepreneurship. How would you leverage the Internet to develop a business? In addition, how would you manage the increased competition and other complexities that an online marketplace produces?
$2,500 April 30, 2021 Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD
- Must be the legal child (natural or adoptive) of a veteran of any branch of the United
States military service (U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Marine Corps,
U.S. Coast Guard) who is either a:
- High School senior with a cumulative GPA or 3.0 or
- Student currently attending or enrolled in an accredited community college or undergraduate degree program with accumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
- Complete scholarship application, provide proof of parent’s veteran status (VA disability benefits summary letter, DD214, Military discharge certificate), current transcript.
- Write a 500 word essay answering one of the following questions:
- How did growing up in a military family inspire your education and career aspirations?
- What advice would you give to a younger child growing up in a military family?
- What do you believe is the single most important thing our society can do to help veterans and their families?
June 15, 2022
Civil Rights and Legal Authorities’ Involvement Scholarship
To apply for our scholarship, you must be able to prove the following:
- That you are a current or incoming college student.
- That you have good academic standing.
- Provide an academic transcript, if requested.
June 30, 2021
Drug Lawsuit Source College Scholarship
- Must be currently enrolled in a US high school, trade school, apprentice school, junior college, university, or graduate school in the United States.
- High school seniors are eligible to apply if they will be attending any post-secondary school in the summer or fall semesters.
Nov 1, 2021
Drug Lawsuit Source Single Parent Student Scholarship
- You must be a single parent helping to raise at least one child. You do not have to have full-time custody, but must be involved in raising the child.
- You must be currently enrolled in a U.S. high school, trade school, apprentice school, junior college, college, university, or graduate school in the United States.
- You must have a GPA of 2.7 or higher and are required to submit a copy of your transcript indicating your grade point average (GPA). You may submit an unofficial school transcript.
$1,000 Nov 1, 2021 Earnest.com Scholarship
- Applicants must be enrolled, or soon be enrolled, as a full-time student at an accredited U.S. college or university in Fall 2021
- There are no minimum GPA, residency, or major requirements
- Applicants can be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (including DACA students)
$5,000 June 30, 2021 Employment Boost Scholarships
Must be a registered student at the institution and have a GPA of 3.6.
- Eligible colleges include two and four-year universities. Student must be registered at an institution that has applied at the institution by submitting the form
Student seeking this scholarship must submit:
- A 500 to 1,000 word essay based on the poem “Howl”, Part 1, by Allen Ginsberg. Write an essay that explains the message of the poem and what it means to you and today’s society.
- Or, students majoring in business or STEM must write an essay based on the following prompt: "How is technology going to change your way of life in 15 years?"
- A current unofficial transcript
- One letter of reference.
$1,000 Varies (check website for details) Exults Scholarship
Applicants must meet one of the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in the U.S.
- Current high school senior that has been accepted into a college or university in the U.S.
$1,000 June 30, 2021 Junior League of Lansing Scholarship
- Applicants must be currently enrolled at an accredited college or university. Students of all majors are encouraged to apply.
- Scholarship funds must be used to pay for qualified expenses, including tuition, books and on-campus room and board.
- Applicants must complete a scholarship nomination form
- Applicants must also provide transcripts
$1,000 April 1 of every year LawnStarter Lawntrepreneur Scholarship
- Currently, previously, or looking to own/run a lawn care business.
- Passionate and ambitious.
- Have the willpower, work ethic, and desire to build the next great business.
- High school senior pursuing college or currently full-time college student in a two year, four year, or graduate program. Scholarship is open to all majors.
Provide the following:
- Copy of your transcript
- Copy of your updated resume
- 500-700 word personal essay on the following topic: "What makes you passionate about building a business?"
May 1 - Aug 20
Aug 31 - Dec 31
- Visit website for details
Varies Always open Loncar Lyon Jenkins Distraction-Free Driving PSA Scholarship
To qualify for consideration, applicants must:
- Have a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Be admitted to or enrolled in an accredited college or university.
- Attach proof of admission or enrollment.
- Include an unofficial transcript with your application.
- Create an original video public service announcement (PSA) using the prompt below.
- Complete and submit the application form on this page.
- Agree to the terms and conditions of the Loncar Lyon Jenkins Distraction-Free Driving PSA Scholarship.
$2,500 June 15, 2021 Michigan Education and Training Voucher (METV)
- You must receive your first ETV prior to your 21st birthday. You are then eligible until your 23rd birthday, provided you receive at least a 2.0 GPA and do not drop more than one class per semester.
- Were in foster care on or after your 14th birthday because of abuse/neglect.
- Were adopted from foster care on or after your 16th birthday.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Attend at least half-time, an accredited school that:
- Awards a Bachelor's degree or no less than a 2-year program that provides credit towards a degree,
- Provides no less than 1-year of training towards gainful employment, or
- It is a vocational program that provides training for gainful employment and has been in existence for at least two years.
(check website for details)
Michigan Retailers Association (MRA) Scholarship Program Those eligible to apply are high school seniors and college freshmen, sophomores and juniors who are:
- Dependent sons and daughters of owners of MRA member businesses, or of full-time employees of Michigan Retailers Association member firms. The parent-employee must have been employed by a Michigan Retailers Association member firm for at least one year as of January 1 of the year in which the scholarships are awarded.
- Part-time employees of MRA member businesses who are full-time students. Part-time employees must have been employed by a Michigan Retailers Association member firm for at least six months as of January 1 of the year in which the scholarships are awarded.
$1,000 - $1,500 April 1 of every year MyCreativeShop's Scholarship for Creative Thinkers
- All applicants must be enrolled, or due to be enrolled, as a full-time student at an accredited US college or university for the semester that they are applying to receive the scholarship.
- Domestic, international, and undocumented students may apply.
- Students attending online universities are welcome to apply.
- Please submit an example of how you’ve used your creative thinking skills to reach a personal goal. You can present your work via any medium that you think best presents your story.
- Please submit proof of enrollment or an acceptance letter in an accredited learning institution.
$1,000 April 21, 2021
National Association of Career Women Harriet E. Pincumbe Scholarship
Availability for a personal interview with the Scholarship Committee may be required. All applicants will be notified if they have or have not been selected for the scholarship by June 29, 2021.
Applicant must be:
- A woman resident of Eaton, Ingham, or Clinton County
- Enrolled in or accepted for enrollment in an accredited institution pursuing an Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree or certificate-based program
- Employed, interning, volunteering, or serving in other activities
- Experiencing financial need (the need should be described in the personal letter)
- Has experienced at least 1 year of interruption in their academic career
May 26, 2021
Ortorex $1,000 Scholarship Program
To be eligible, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be enrolled as an undergradute, graduate, or postgraduate student in an accredited college in USA, Canada, UK or Australia
- Submit your personal information in the form you will find on our website
- Submit an 800-1,200 word essay explaning the importance of good posture.
$1,000 May 1, 2021 OutdoorStack's Financial Aid Program
- Must be a full-time, part-time, or online education student.
- Fill out application online
Varies Always open Paragon "Remodel or Relocate" Scholarship
- Must be currently registered in a college or vocational school
- Must be 18 years of age by the satrt of the program
- Must provide an essay
- Additional details provided online
July 31, 2021
Pestcom Pest Management Student Success Scholarship
Scholarship awarded over two semesters
- Applicants must be enrolled or accepted into an accredited undergraduate program in the U.S., including incoming freshmen
- Available to traditional and international students
Scholarship is open to all majors
$1,000 October 31, 2021 Point Foundation
- Must be enrolled or intending to enroll at an accredited community college based in the United States in the Fall of 2020
- Must be in the final year of community college and intending to transfer to a bachelor’s degree program at a four year college or university for Fall 2021
- Must be "out" as a person who identifies as a member of the LGBTQ community
(check website for deadlines)
Randall Blair Isenberg Alcohol Addiction Awareness Scholarship
This $1000 scholarship is available to students who meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled in or formally accept to any accredited U.S. community college, undergraduate or graduate degree program. This includes incoming students who currently hold a high school diploma or GED.
- Scholarship candidates must possess a history of raising alcohol addiction awareness, as demonstrated by volunteer, educational, or professional experiences.
- Scholarship candidates must be in good academic standing with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
June 15, 2021
RevPart STEM 2022 Scholarship Candidates must attend an accredited college and must be pursuing a career in one of the following, Science, Technology, Engineering or Math to qualify for the RevPart scholarship.
December 31, 2021
Winner selected: February 15, 2022
State of Michigan Scholarship Search The State of Michigan will search for scholarships available in your county. Varies
(check website for details)
(check website for details)
Smile By Design Free Scholarship
- Enrollment verification at an accredited university, community college, online college, or high school
- Current high school seniors and college students
- Canadian & US citizen or permanent resident
- Minimum 2.0 GPA
- Scholarship winner must submit a self-photo with Smile By Design Scholarship award, also grant permission to Smile By Design to use the self-photo for future promotional use of the Smile By Design Scholarship
Application Details and Requirements
- In 750 words or less, describe a plan that you would implement to grow a dental business using the latest technology.
- Student applicants must follow our Instagram Page to be involved with Smile By Design as part of the application requirement process.
$1,000 Dec 31, 2021 United Yacht Sales 'Do The Right Thing' Scholarship
- All applicants must be enrolled, or due to be enrolled, as a full-time student at an accredited US college or university for the semester that they are applying to receive the scholarship
- Domestic, international, and undocumented students may apply
- Students attending online universities are welcome to apply
- Please complete the online form to submit your application.
- Include a 500- 1,000-word essay answering the following question:
- Elaborate on a time in your life where you have had to do the right thing, even when it's been hard
- Please provide proof of enrollment - a transcript, class schedule, or tuition bill
$1,500 Dec 31 (annually) White Label SEO Marketing Scholarship
$1,000 given to two individuals each year
To apply for our marketing scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- You must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate college program in the USA
- You must either be studying marketing or business or looking after some marketing work for a company
- A minimum GPA of 2.5 is required to be eligible for the scholarship
Two awards of $1,000
May 15, 2021
Dec 15, 2021
Women's Independence Scholarship Program (WISP)
- Survived intimate partner abuse and has been separated from abuser a minimum of one year
- US Citizen or legal resident
- Has applied to or is accepted into an accredited course of student at a US institution
- Demonstrates critical need for financial assistance
Award is based on financial need No deadline (allow up to two months for review) Worthy Women's Scholarship 2021
All papers must be submitted by December 6th, 2021 (subject to deadline extension)
- Must be enrolled in a continuing education professional studies program
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of the United States
- Applicant must identify as a female and be over the age of 30
- The paper must fit the criteria of the topics outlined above
- Worthy, Inc. has the rights to the submitted content
- Submissions must be sent in from the valid email address of the author
Three scholarship awards available: $2,500
December 6, 2021 Youth Forward Scholarship Program Applicants must be currently enrolled in either High School, University or College as a full-time student (2020-2021 school year)
- What is the importance of driver education in reducing the number deaths as a result of driving?
- What steps can be taken to reduce the number of deaths related to driving?
- Have you ever had an experience of being in car accident or have seen your friends or family members driving irresponsibly?
- What steps can you take to be a better and safer driver as well as help others become safer on the road?
March 31, 2021
Aug 1, 2021
Nov 30, 2021
ZipRecruiter Scholarship Promotion
- be a legal resident of one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia
- be 18 years of age or older (or at least the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence)
- be enrolled as a student at an accredited high school, college or university in the United States
(check website for details)
- American Psychological Association Scholarships, Grants and Awards
- APIASF General Scholarship is open to Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI)
- American Indian Graduate Center
- BestColleges.com Scholarship Guide for the LGBTQ+ Community
- BestColleges.com Scholarships for Single Mothers & Fathers
- Big Future (The College Board)
- Career One Stop
- computerscience.org - Computer Science Scholarships
- bestcolleges.com - Computer Science Scholarships
- Grand Rapids Community Foundation Scholarships
- Genesco Migrant Center
- Immigrants Rising Undergraduate Scholarship Opportunities
- International Scholarships Search or IEFA Browse Awards
- Latino College Dollars
- MALDEF Scholarship Resource Guide
- Michigan Center for Nursing
- Money Geek
- National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation Scholarship Program
- Peterson's Scholarships
- Psychology Degree Guidebook
- Sallie Mae
- Scholarship America
- Scholarships for African American Students
- Scholarship Database
- Scholarship Directory
- Scholarship Experts
- Transfer Scholarship - UNCF General Scholarship Opportunity
- Transfer Scholarship - The University of Detroit Mercy