LCC ACE Women’s Network Presents - November Wellness
Our November Wellness Event is starting up. There will be the following opportunities:
- Nutrition Assessment and Counseling
- We have added some slots out at West Campus. If you would like one of these appointments, please email Lisa Mazure at email@example.com. Also please see the attached instructions to complete a 3 day dietary analysis for the nutrition appointments.
RSVPs are not required for the following activities, but would be greatly appreciated for planning purposes.
Two fitness classes - 11 a.m. - 12 p.m. GB 3115 - one geared more to cardio and one geared more to strength:
- Monday, November 18 - Join us for Move it Monday!
- A class for all fitness levels! 45 minutes of cardio at your own intensity, combined with light resistance training, core and stretching all set to some great music to get your week started on the right foot! This session will include low intensity cardio, hand weights, resistance bands, stability balls and flexibility exercises, with modifications allowing everyone to get a great workout. Hope to see you there!
- Wednesday, December 4 - Welcome to Work Out Wednesday!
- This class is 45 minutes. You can expect a light cardiovascular warm up with modifications for those who want to work a little harder. Then we will switch gears and focus on strength training. This will be in a circuit format where we will move through stations around the room. You can work at your own pace while I walk around checking form and giving modifications to those who need them. Modifications can help make exercises more doable for any fitness level. For those wanting more intensity, I have modifications that can provide that too! In other words, this class can be scaled to any fitness level! We will finish with stretching so you feel relaxed and ready to be productive the rest of the day. Looking forward to seeing you!
Two Brown Bag Lunches 11 a.m. - 12 p.m. WCP 110:
- Monday, November 11 - Women & Aging:
- The Importance of Strength Training with Jen Hilker
- Monday, November 25 - Health Risk Appraisal:
- How to Read Your Results with Nikki Gruesbeck. Please see the attached instruction on how to go online and complete the assessment prior to the luncheon. Nicki will do a short presentation about the HRA and then be available if you have specific questions about your results.
Two yoga classes – 12:10 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. GB 3115:
- Tuesday, November 12 - Yoga/Core/Flex with Dawn
- Thursday, November 21 - Yoga with Andrea
There will be a drawing from all participants for 2 full personal trainer assessment/sessions and 5 massage clinic gift certificates.
LCC ACE Executive Committee members:
Lisa Webb Sharpe
LCC ACE Planning Committee:
*denotes LCC Institutional Representative to MI-ACE