Skip to content

LCC Dispute Information

An Ombudsman provides a safe, comfortable, confidential environment for students to discuss concerns related to college policies and procedures. To learn more about the Ombudsman role visit the Student Life Ombudsman-Student Advocate website.

Final Grade Disputes

To appeal your final course grade or learn more about the Final Course Grade Dispute process.

Express Your Concern

Learn More


Student Code of Conduct

To report an alleged violation of the Student Code of Conduct, including but not limited to: disruptive behavior, theft, cheating, violation of college policy, etc.

Make a Report

Learn More

Academic Dishonesty Policy

Student Complaints

To find assistance in resolving matters that are non-academic in nature. This includes but is not limited to: financial aid, residency, transcripts, tuition refunds, policy or procedural concerns.

Financial Aid Matters

Administrative Appeals

Policy or Procedural Concerns

Student Appeal of Educational Records

Student Dispute of Administrative Withdrawal from Class(s)

If you were administratively withdrawn from a course and feel that the action was unjust, you may dispute the action. Reasons for an Administrative Withdrawal may include but are not limited to: nonattendance, lack of course prerequisites, inappropriate student behavior that interferes with classroom instruction.

Express Your Concern

Learn More


Sexual Misconduct/Title IX Violations

To report a concern of sexual misconduct/harassment and/or sexual violence.

Make a Report against a Student

Make a Report against an Employee

Learn More


Equal Opportunity and Nondiscrimination

Students or employees who believe that discrimination has occurred against themselves or others are urged to report the matter.

Express Your Concern

Learn More


As required by the Department of Education as of the October 29, 2010 regulations, (34 C.F.R. 668.43, 12. iv, b), the following information is provided for complaints that are unresolved after addressing them at the College as described above. The Higher Learning Commission will take complaints related to general practices that may affect accreditation. To get more specific information, visit or contact the HLC at 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1411 or visit Higher Learning Commission.

If the unresolved complaint is a consumer protection issue, contact the Attorney General at the Consumer Protection Division, P.O. Box 30213, Lansing, MI 48909-7713 or visit  Michigan Department of Treasury.

If the unresolved complaint involves an active duty service member or veteran of the U.S. military, contact the DoD Post-Secondary Education Complaint System.


Student Affairs Division
Gannon Building
2nd Floor - StarZone
Phone: (517) 483-1200
Additional contact information »

Facebook Twitter YouTube