Federal Guidance and Resources
- OSHA 3990-03 2020 "Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19"
- CDC "Considerations for Institutes of Higher Education"
- CDC "Interim Guidance for Administrators of US Institutions of Higher Education"
- CDC "Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019"
- CDC "Reopening Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting Public Spaces, Workplaces, Businesses, Schools, and Homes"
- CDC "Community Mitigation Framework"
State Guidance and Resources
To date, Lansing Community College has experienced no confirmed cases of COVID-19 transmission within LCC’s operational environment. However, the college has tracked several cases of students and employees who have tested positive for COVID-19 as a result of personal activities off campus.
Upon notice of potential cases of campus exposure, LCC’s Incident Command Team (ICT) initiates a series of response protocols. The Governor’s Executive Order directs LCC to collaborate with the local health department (LHD) to determine the appropriate actions. The individuals affected are requested to follow the protocols established by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the state and the LHD. The college also has an agreement with Sparrow Occupational Health Services for testing as needed.
The college contracts a nationally recognized professional cleaning service, which provides services to colleges and universities across the U.S. They deliver routine and specialized disinfection services to provide a safe and healthy work and educational environment. LCC remains focused on the health and safety of our students and employees.
The link above goes to the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services’ data on COVID-19 cases at schools across the state of Michigan. We appreciate that the state is providing this transparency to help keep our students, employees and community members informed, no matter where they are in the state.
Local Guidance and Resources
- Ingham County Health Department
- Barry-Eaton District Health Department
- Livingston County Health Department