Walk into the Gannon Building at LCC’s Downtown Campus, and walk out an official LCC student in one day. Each Wednesday in August before the start of the fall semester, we streamline the admissions process to get you started at LCC in one day.
Wednesdays, Aug. 1 – 22
10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
411 N. Grand Ave.,
Lansing, MI 48933
How it Works
On Wednesdays in August before the start of the fall semester (8/23), come to the Gannon Building at LCC’s Downtown Campus. Park in the Gannon Ramp off Grand Avenue (near the corner of Grand and Saginaw) on the second level.
Go to the 2nd floor of the Gannon Building and check into the event near the StarZone (follow signs). At the event check-in, you will receive a checklist of 6 stations. You will need to complete enrollment tasks at each of the 6 stations. Once you’ve complete your checklist, you can register for classes onsite and obtain a student ID. Please plan to spend around 2+ hours completing these tasks. It would be best to bring documents and personal information such as transcripts, ACT/SAT test scores, social security number, etc. to this event to ensure day-of enrollment.
What to Bring
We recommended you bring the following items if you have them:
- High school transcripts
- Previous college transcripts
- ACT/SAT scores
- Social security number
- Any FAFSA or financial aid documents or information
- An idea of what you would like to study. Explore LCC's degrees & programs.
Collect stickers from each of the 6 stations below to become an LCC student.
- Apply - GB-StarZone, The Corner
- At the event check-in location, use the computers to apply to LCC.
- Assessment - GB- StarZone Placement Desk
- Submit your transcripts or ACT/SAT scores to determine your reading, writing and math levels. If you do not have your transcripts, take the LCC placement test. Check with the testing center for help accessing your transcript or SAT/ACT scores.
- NOTE-After this step, go to the Advising Station to discuss your program of study. The advisors will create your MAP while you complete the other stations. Return to the Advising Station after you complete stations 3 through 5.
- Account Walkthrough - GB 2204, The Centre
- Staff will help you login to LCC’s student systems (Banner and myLCC) and access your LCC student email account.
- Financial Aid — GB 2214
- Meet with a financial aid advisor to discuss applying for aid and tuition payment plans. If you do not plan to use financial aid, still stop by this station to get your sticker.
- Campus Tour — GB StarZone, The Corner
- See campus with a guide. Tours take approximately 30 minutes. Meet for the Tour outside the event check-in location, The Corner.
- Advising — Gannon Commons, Einstein Bagel Bros. Dining Area
- Choose a program of study and create your MAP (My Academic Pathway) with an advisor. You may register for classes after you receive your MAP.
Once you have completed stations 1 – 6, bring your completed checklist to the check-in location. You can register for classes after you submit your completed checklist and a staff member removes the account hold. If you register for classes onsite, print your student schedule and get your StarCard (student ID) outside the Account Walkthrough room, GB 2204.
Contact the StarZone
Visit the StarZone to get help with admissions, financial aid, academic advising,
payment plans, placement testing, orientation and all other student services.