The Learning Commons at Lansing Community College offers many options for tutoring: scheduled appointments, walk-in tutoring, Supplemental Instruction, and study groups. Please complete a Tutoring Request Form for all types of tutoring. Tutoring services are offered free of charge, on a first-come, first-served basis as availability permits.
- A student is assigned to meet with a tutor for 50 minutes every week on the same day and at the same time throughout the current semester.
- Example: A student is assigned to meet with Jaime, a tutor, every Monday during the fall semester from 3:10 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. to work on MATH 107 and WRIT 117.
- Students may request to share an appointment with someone else in the same class.
- Tutoring Request Forms are accepted beginning one week prior to the start of a semester.
- Tutoring may not be available for all subjects at all times
- An appointment may be available on an occasional basis due to schedule changes
- A student may call or visit the office to ask if a tutor has an available appointment for that day or the next day. These appointments are not guaranteed to be available at all times.
- A student may request to be placed on the waiting list for appointments by calling (517) 483-1206 or stopping by the Learning Commons, A&S Room 108
- For some frequently requested courses, such as math and computer applications, tutoring is available for students to schedule up to a day in advance.
- To reserve an appointment, call or stop by Arts & Sciences Room 108, up to one day in advance beginning at 8:00 a.m., to see if a tutor is available.
- Note: Appointments fill up fast so calling early is recommended. These appointments are available for limited subjects on specified days.
The Learning Commons
108 Arts & Sciences
Phone: (517) 483-1206
Fax: (517) 483-1222
Additional contact information »