Refunds are automatically generated for students who have a credit (negative) balance on their student account. Refunds are issued to students for a variety of reasons including disbursement of financial aid, dropped courses, and/or when out-of-pocket payments exceed the cost of a student's tuition and fees.
All LCC refunds are issues electronically from Higher One, a financial services company that LCC has partnered with. Students age 18* and over will receive a Higher One / Lansing CC Debit Card. Upon receiving the card, you may select your preference online at www.lansingccdebitcard.com.
You must choose a refund preference**
- Same business day deposit to a checking account, serviced by Higher One, Inc. Money deposited to the account the same business day funds are released by LCC to Higher One.
- You can use the Lansing CC debit card to withdraw cash from any Higher One ATM on campus, or as a MasterCard transaction.
- Funds are available on the card same day as refund.
- Deposit to another account. Money in two to three business days.
- Funds will be available through your personal account 2-3 business days after the posted refund date.
Please note that the Higher One Card is not an active card until you choose it as your refund preference and money has been deposited on it.
If you have any questions about the student refund policy, please contact Student Finance at (517) 483-1272.
Please see important dates for financial aid refund dates.
*Students who are under the age of 18 will be mailed a check for any refunds, to the address that is on file with the college. Students will be mailed an LCC debit card, and the Higher One refund process will apply, beginning the first semester that the student registers for when he/she is 18 at the time of registration.
**If no refund preference is set up, a check will be mailed from Higher One to the student's address that is on file with the college.
Student Finance Office
2nd Floor - StarZone
Phone: (517) 483-1272
Monday - Thursday: 8am - 6pm
Friday: 8am - 4pm
Additional contact information »