2017-2018 Scholarship Application
The LCC General Scholarship Application is used to apply for the following awards:
|Board of Trustees Awards||Honors Program Awards|
|Divisional Program Awards||Foundation Scholarships|
Leadership Academy Service Scholarships
Click on the award program/scholarship titles above for additional information on each award or scholarship.
To be considered for scholarships listed above, students must
complete the online LCC General Scholarship Application.
Click on the 2017-2018 Scholarship Application at the top or the bottom of this page to go to the scholarship application.
New students must complete the following steps prior to applying for scholarships
- Complete the admissions application
- Receive their student number
- Claim their account in order to receive their username and password
Note: Students dual enrolled while in high school, enrolled in the LCC Early College or the LCC High School Completion Initiative do not need to reapply for admission. When completing the scholarship application you need to check the New Student box.
Students who have not taken an LCC class between Fall 2015 and Spring 2017 must contact the Foundation Office at 483-1985 or firstname.lastname@example.org to receive login assistance.
Prepare to complete the General Scholarship Application:
by completing the following steps:
- Your personal statement is made up of four questions.
- Educational Goals: Please discuss the academic program you plan to study at LCC, any plans you have for education beyond LCC, and why you have chosen this area of study.
- Professional or Career Goals: Please discuss the specific occupation or profession you are interested in pursuing and why you are interested in this area. Be sure to include any work or volunteer realted experience you have had in this area.
- Personal History: Please list any work related experience, internships or leadership experience you have. Tell us of any personal history of extreme hardship, obstacles you have overcome or special circumstances that exist.
- Answer the question, "Why you should be considered for an LCC scholarship?"
- We encourage you to use word processing tools to confirm that your answers are grammatically accurate. You may preview the content of your answers to ensure that no unusual formatting occurs after copy/paste from another program.
- Develop a List of School or Community Service Activities
- Your list should include the following information
- The name of the activity
- The dates you were involved
- Any leadership role you assumed or special awards received while participating
- Obtain Most Recent Transcript
- High school and/or college transcripts should be included. If you are currently attending either high school or college this fall semester, please wait until your fall grades are on your transcript before you upload it.
- You must include LCC grades if applicable. (A printout of academic history from LCC's Banner Self Service is acceptable.)
- All academic history printouts from high schools must include a cumulative GPA
- Transcripts will be uploaded to the online scholarship application; therefore, you should scan or copy and save these as a .pdf file prior to beginning the application process. Instructions on turning LCC Academic History into a .pdf file can be found by clicking Here.
- Obtain Highest SAT/ACT Scores or LCC Placement Scores
- Needed only if applying for Honors, Star or Board of Trustee Awards.
- More information about LCC Placement Scores can be found Here.
- SAT/ACT scores already reported to LCC or LCC Placement Scores from tests already completed will be automatically added to the online scholarship application and visible in the Applicant Record tab. If you have not given your SAT/ACT scores to LCC or taken LCC Placement Tests, you can add SAT/ACT scores by uploading them to the application. To upload them, you must scan or copy the official SAT/ACT Scores document and save it as a .pdf file prior to beginning the application process.
- Identify References
- All scholarships require at least one reference
- Request permission to use an individual as a reference PRIOR to entering their contact information
- Ensure your reference(s) will submit a timely response
- Obtain the name and email address of your reference(s)
- You will enter the contact information for your reference(s) in the application. An email with instructions will immediately be sent to the individual. If you are using an LCC instructor as a reference, do not use their d2l address.
- You will receive an email notifying you that a reference has been received. You will be able to confirm that a reference has been submitted by looking at your scholarship application, but you will not be able to view the reference.
- It is your responsibility to make sure recommendations are received.
- You may submit additional names if needed.
- Additional information can be found by clicking on References.
- Obtain Financial Information
Many Foundation scholarships have a need-based component
- Gather the previous year's family income reported to the IRS
- Estimate the current year's family income
Complete/submit the General Scholarship Application:
As the application is comprised of several steps, be sure to complete the preparatory steps listed above. You will access the General Scholarship Application by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page. You will sign into the scholarship application using your LCC username and password.
- Once your General Scholarship Application is submitted, information from your LCC record is added to the application. Review this information by clicking on the Applicant Record tab on the left side of the application.
- Scholarship decisions will be made using this information; therefore, it is important that it be correct. If your LCC information is incorrect, you must contact LCC Admissions, Registration and Records to correct the information. You cannot update this information using the scholarship application.
- If you do not see any LCC information in the Applicant Record tab after 48 hours has passed, please contact the Foundation Office at email@example.com.
- Additional information on imported information can be found by clicking LCC Information.
- Once your General Scholarship Application is submitted or saved, you can view a listing of all available scholarships by clicking on Opportunities on the blue navigation bar at the top of the scholarship application which is located below. You can also view available scholarships by clicking on the scholarship program links found at the top of this page.
- You will be considered for many scholarships automatically upon submitting your General Scholarship Application.
- Some scholarships require additional information and/or essays. These scholarships that you qualify for are listed on the Recommended page found by clicking on the Opportunities button on the blue navigation bar at the top of the page. Click on the name of each award to find out more about it and click on the Apply button to answer additional questions and apply for the scholarship.
- Frequently Asked Questions can be found at Scholarship Opportunities.
All applicants will be notified of scholarship decisions by college e-mail on April 30, 2017. Additional information can be found at Awards.
Once notified that you have received an award, you must accept the award by the stated deadline or the award will be given to another student. Instructions on award acceptance will be included in the award e-mail. If you are receiving a LCC Foundation Scholarship, you will be required to submit a thank you note to be sent to the donor.
Questions regarding the scholarship process can be answered by the LCC Foundation Office at 517-483-1985 (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Financial Aid at 517-483-1200, option 2.
2017-2018 Scholarship Application
For additional information about other forms of financial aid available to students please contact the Lansing Community College Financial Aid Office at (517) 483-1200, or visit our website at www.lcc.edu/finaid. All applicants are strongly urged to file a free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Financial Aid Office
2nd Floor - StarZone
Phone: (517) 483-1200
Additional contact information »