Banner Procedures for Returns
What is a Return?
You need to process a "return" in Banner when any of the following conditions exist:
- Damaged goods were delivered
- Duplicate item was delivered
- Incorrect item was delivered
- Item cannot be used, obsolete
By following these procedures it will reduce the time needed to process your return and facilitate paying the vendor for the items we have received and accepted.
NOTE: All invoices should be forwarded to 7110 -- Accounting & Payroll Department.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Contact the Purchasing Department to process a return request.
Purchasing Customer Advocate -- contact Doloras Eiseler or call (517) 483-1787.
- Get the needed information from the returnee. You will need to provide the purchase order number
- The item to be returned with any product or identifying numbers
- The reason for the return
- Where the item is located
- Purchasing will contact the vendor for return information
- Purchasing will do a work order to Receiving to pick up the item and advise what to insure it for and where and how to return the item
- Purchasing will adjust Banner to reflect the returned item, so payment will not be made
Washington Court Place, Room 214
Phone: (517) 483-1785
Additional contact information »