Operation Welcome Week: LCC Invites Student Veterans, Community to Newly Renovated Resource Center
August 24, 2015
LANSING, MICH. - Lansing Community College (LCC) is celebrating the opening of the newly renovated Veterans Resource Center (VRC) located in the Huron Building on the College’s Downtown campus. The VRC will have a dedicated counselor, advisor, and resource representative ready to help local veteran students enroll and register for classes.
The complete list of VRC Welcome Week activities follow. The community is invited to attend:
- Wednesday, August 26: 11 am – 3 pm
- Campaign Cook-Out 11:30 am – 1:30 pm: Hamburgers, hot dogs, chips and drinks.
- Thursday, August 27: 10 am – 2 pm
- Organizations Overload: The Veterans Resource Center has professional connections across mid-Michigan
to help you achieve your career goals. Partnering organizations will have booths to provide attendees with
information. Organizations attending include:
- Ingham County VA
- MI National Guard Family Programs
- MI College Access Network (MCAN)
- Hero 2 Hired
- MI Veterans Affairs Agency (MVAA)
- MSU Veterans Resource Representative
- Freedom's Finest Outdoors
- Kimberly Suchek: Military Resource Books
- Home Depot
- LCC Programs Attending:
- LCC Military to Medic Program
- LCC Aviation Technology Program
- LCC Surgical Technology Program
- LCC Radiologic Technology Program
- Early LCC Childcare Program
- LCC University Center
- LCC Student Veterans Association
- LCC Tech Careers
- Organizations Overload: The Veterans Resource Center has professional connections across mid-Michigan to help you achieve your career goals. Partnering organizations will have booths to provide attendees with information. Organizations attending include:
- Friday, August 28: 6 - 9 pm
- Mission Movie Night: Movie night hosted by the LCC Student Veterans Association to meet other student Veterans and enjoy the VRC lounge.
At the end of Welcome Week, raffle prizes will be given away to LCC student veterans and spouses/dependents of student veterans. For more information about Veterans Welcome Week activities, please visit lcc.edu/veteran/welcomeweek. Questions about the Veterans Resource Center can be directed to Andrew Cosgrove at 517-483-1655 or Cosgr1@lcc.edu.
About Lansing Community College
Lansing Community College is Michigan's third largest community college with approximately 15,000 students attending each year. LCC offers courses in general education for those interested in transferring to a four-year institution, career and workforce development, developmental education and personal enrichment. To meet the professional development and training needs of regional employees, the college offers customized programs for credit, non-credit and continuing education. The University Center at LCC offers students the opportunity to earn bachelor’s and master’s degrees from six partner universities on the downtown LCC campus. For more information, visit lcc.edu.