LCC Fall Semester Begins August 23: Tips on Finding a Place to Park
LANSING 8/17/12 – Fall semester at Lansing Community College (LCC) begins August 23 and students are advised to come to Main Campus early to find parking. The first several weeks of fall semester are hectic on campus, and traffic congestion is common.
Below find tips on finding a parking spot:
- Go to www.lcc.edu/parking for information about parking, including traffic advisories.
- Arrive at least 30 minutes before class begins.
- The Gannon Ramp fills up fast and causes traffic congestion on Grand Avenue. Students may want to avoid the Ramp and find parking in Lot U, Lot F, or on-street parking.
- If the ramp is full, and the line of cars on Grand is not moving, LCC police will give waiting drivers a handout showing alternative parking options. The police will not allow the parking line to queue past the north side of the Gannon Building’s Circle Drive.
- For those with smart phones (Android and iPhone), an app (application) can tell you if spots are available at the Gannon Ramp and Lot U, at the corner of Genesee St. and Seymour St. To download Presenting Parker by Streetline, go to www.streetline.com/find-parking/.
- Listen for parking information and traffic updates on LCC radio 89.7 FM.
- Watch for updates on our Twitter page – www.twitter.com/LCCStudentServ. "Like" the Lansing Community College Facebook page for more updates. Consider carpooling using the CATA Clean Commute Option or using the CATA bus service.
- Remember – the College is now charging parking fees between 6 p.m. and 11 p.m. in the Gannon Ramp and on surface lots.
- Keep quarters in your car in case you are running late and must park at a city metered parking spot.
- Be aware that the Saginaw Street Bridge heading east is closed until approximately September 17, 2012. Students exiting the Gannon Ramp’s 1st or 2nd levels going west should exit the ramp at the new Schoolcraft exit.
- The City of Lansing’s North Capitol Avenue Ramp will be closed for repairs until approximately September 21, 2012.
Other things to keep in mind at the beginning of the semester:
If you need assistance finding a location on Main Campus or have general questions, go to Student Services in the Gannon Building. Extra LCC Police Cadets will also be on foot patrol to assist students.