Who Can Borrow?
- LCC students, faculty, and staff
- University Center students
- Members of the LCC Alumni Foundation
Checking Out Library Items
- Take the item you want to check out to the Checkout desk.
- Show your StarCard or government issued ID (Driver's license,
state ID, passport) to library staff.
You may have up to 25 items checked out at any one time.
Library items have the following loan periods:
- Books: 28 days, two renewals
- iPads, Kindles: 28 days, no renewals
- MeLCat (print): 21 days, one renewal
- MeLCat (non-print): 7 days, no renewals
- Course Reserves: 2 hours, 48 hours, 1 week
- Interlibrary loan Items: varies by institution
- Course reserves are kept at the Checkout Desk.
- You may check out up to 3 reserve items at a time.
- Course reserves must be returned to the Checkout Desk.
Borrowing iPads and Kindles
Check out iPads
and Kindles for
28 days at the Checkout desk.
You can check-out equipment at the Checkout Desk, Multimedia Desk
and 3rd Floor Service Desk.
Available equipment includes:
- HDMI, VGA and Thunderbolt cables
- Phone chargers
- Whiteboard markers and erasers
- Ethernet cables
- Course specific equipment