Lesson 5: Introducing the Content
- Provide an overview of the course.
- Describe how you propose to spend class time.
- Give your students ideas on how to study and prepare for class.
- You might want to give an ungraded pretest to find out what students
already know about the first topic.
- You could use problem posting and ask the students to list what they
know about the first topic.
- Give an (ungraded) assignment for the next class meeting.
- At the end of the first class meeting, ask students to anonymously write
their impressions and any questions or concerns they have regarding the
course. Begin the next class session by addressing any concerns or