Lesson 5: Office 365
Office 365 provides email, calendar, file sharing, and online conferencing services. This suite is the primary system used by the college to communicate with you, so it is important that you familiarize yourself with it as quickly as possible. These systems can be accessed through myLCC, or by utilizing Microsoft Office Outlook (versions 2007 and up).
To access the Office 365 email client, click on the Outlook Web link at the top of your myLCC page. Internet Explorer (version 9 or above) is recommended to access Office 365. Note: You may be prompted with a second login screen when accessing Outlook Web. If this occurs, use your LCC TUID and password to login.
Outlook Web has similar capabilities and functions as the Outlook software found in Microsoft Office.
In addition to Office 365 email, you can use Microsoft Outlook to access your LCC email if …
- you have an LCC laptop
- you are using a computer on campus. You can use the "Create Office 365 Profile" shortcut on the desktop to connect Microsoft Outlook to the Office 365 server on that computer.
**Please note: There is a 50 GB email quota. Therefore, it is important to delete old emails and empty the trash periodically (email in the trash folder contributes to the quota). Once quota is reached, you will no longer be able to send or receive email.
To check your current email quota:
- Open Outlook Web.
- Click on the Settings icon (the small gear in the upper right of the page).
- Click on the Options menu item.
- Click on the Account item in the Options pane on the left of the page.
- Your used disk space and quota allotment is displayed on this page under Mailbox Usage.
To access the Office 365 Calendar, click on the Calendar link at the top of the Outlook Web page.
In addition to using the web-based Office 365 Calendar, it can also be accessed using Microsoft Outlook (see previous section under Email). Both the web client (Outlook Web) and the Outlook (Microsoft Office version) calendar gives you the ability to maintain and share your personal calendar. You may view mutiple calendars on a single page. Additionally, you have the capablitiy to easily schedule meetings with your LCC colleagues by viewing their calendars.