Lesson 10: Steps for Developing a Lesson Plan
Regardless of the specific format, the following should be considered when developing a comprehensive lesson plan:
- Broad Topic (From what content area is the outcome?)
- Learning Outcomes (What will the students be able to do or know at the end of this class session?)
- Purpose/Rationale (Why is it important for students to achieve the outcome?)
- Content (What main points are needed to support the outcome(s)?)
- Learning Activities (What will the students do in order to achieve the outcomes?)
- Materials (What items/handouts will be needed for the learning activities?)
- Assessment (Based on the outcomes, how will the students' progress be assessed and at what points during the class will their learning be assessed/evaluated?)
- Lesson Critique (What revisions need to be made to this lesson plan for the future? What worked well?)
Open Hours for "Get The Grades Out Week"
December 8 - 11, 8 am - 6 pm
December 12, 8 am - 5 pm
December 16, 8 am - 7 pm
To send an APPLEGRAM online,
fill-out the Applegram form.