Banner Grade Entry Instructions
Although all faculty are expected and encouraged to use D2L, the following criteria must be satisfied by all faculty, whether they use the D2L gradebook or any other electronic gradebook system. For more information on this policy, please visit https://lansingcc.sharepoint.com/sites/Interdivisional/Academic-Senate/Shared Documents/Documents/Policies.
Log into myLCC
- Click the myLCC Sign In link on the LCC homepage.
- Type your username and password into the appropriate boxes.
- Click the Login button. At this point, your myLCC page will open.
Accessing the Grade Entry Screen
- Click on the Work Tab at the top of the webpage.
- Scroll down the page and find the Faculty Grade Assignment widget. This widget is in the left column.
- The widget should display your current classes. If not, click the More link, and more current and past classes should be displayed.
- To access the grade entry screen, click on the grade icon next to the class title.
- The grade entry screen will now appear in a new browser tab.
- When you first enter the grade entry screen, scroll down until Final Grades appear, all students will have "None" adjacent to their name in the Grade column.
- Click on the arrow next to the grade you want to enter and select the grade from the list.
- If the student recieves an "I", "Z" or a "0.0", type the "Last Attend Date" (LDA) in the box adjacent to their grade using MM/DD/YYYY format (e.g., 09/04/2014).
- Unless you have been specifically instructed to do so, do not type any data into the Attend Hours column.
- When you have entered all of the grades, click the Submit button.
- Note on Incomplete Grades: When an instructor clicks the Submit button, a new "Incomplete Final Grade" page is displayed listing students who are given an incomplete. On this page, the faculty member may alter the "Incomplete Final Grade" setting, and/or the "Extension Date" setting. By default, the "Incomplete Final Grade" is set to zero and the "Extension Date" is set to the last day of the next regular semester. Instructors may change the default "Extension Date" to make it earlier and/or the incomplete final grade can be changed from zero to something higher. If the student completes their work before the "Extension Date" the instructor will fill out a "Grade Change Form," supplied by their department, and the "I" grade is replaced with the new grade. If the student does not complete their work, the "I" grade is automatically replaced by the grade specified in the "Incomplete Final Grade" field on the date specific in the "Extension Date" field. It is still necessary to complete the LCC "Incomplete Grade Form" which provides your department with additional information regarding the incomplete grade that is given.
For information regarding LCC's policy on grade records, see the Retention of Student Records policy.
Incompletes at LCC
An instructor may approve a student-initiated request for an incomplete if only a small portion of the work remains (for example, only 20% of the work remains) and the reason for the request appears sound. After the instructor issues an "I" grade, a written "I" grade completion contract will be provided to the student and the instructor’s supervisor. The contract will indicate what work needs to be submitted, the grade that will be assigned if no further work is completed, and the deadline for completion of the work. All incompletes must be made up by the end of the next regular semester (summer semester is excluded) or earlier if an earlier date is established by the instructor or department. An extension may be granted if requested in writing by the student and approved in writing by the instructor and department by the last day of the deadline; otherwise the "I" grade will be converted to the grade specified if no further work is completed.
Note: A student may not register for the same course until the "I" grade is resolved.
- Click on the Incomplete Grade Form link at the top of the grade entry page.
- A second browser window will open with a login screen displayed.
- Turn off your caps lock and then enter your Username and password.
- You must enter the requested data:
- Department: What department/division should handle the incomplete?
- Student Name: This information helps confirm the student's identity.
- Student ID: This is a double check of the student's identity.
- Course Code: This information helps confirm the course.
- Semester Course was taken: This information helps confirm the semester the course was taken.
- CRN: This is a double check of the course in question.
- Instructor Name: The instructor submitting the incomplete.
- Work to be completed: The work that the student needs to complete to achieve a score higher than the default.
- Grade standards and weighting info: Miscellaneous grading information that will help with the grade calculation (this information is optional).