Building Analyst Certification Prep (BPI)
BPI Certification Prep with Exam - 48 hours: The Building Performance Institute (BPI) Certification Prep prepares participants to take the BPI Building Analyst Certification exam. The program consists of:
- 40 hours of residential energy training with classroom instruction and skill practice.
- An 8-hour BPI Building Analyst certification exam (proctored written and field exam).
Individuals who have been trained, tested and certified to BPI's nationally recognized standards use a systems approach to improve the performance of existing homes and provide homeowners with the information necessary to reduce energy usage and costs.
Median wage in 2014: $10-$13/hr for Building Analyst Certification Prep (BPI)
At the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Identify home construction methods and terminology
- Discuss thermodynamics basics
- Understand air and water quality issues
- Conduct a testing and diagnostic equipment overview
- Diagnose home performance issues
- Conduct a procedural overview of an energy audit
- Estimate project costs and return on investment for homeowner
- Conduct verification of work and follow up audit
- Take the Building Analyst Certification exam
Program Cost: $1500.00
The Business & Community Institute
Phone: (517) 483-1857
Additional contact information »