Supervisory Skills I
Many supervisors have on-the-job experiences but may have received little formal supervisory training. This 16-hour program begins with a foundation of fundamental leadership skills designed for new supervisors.
* Identifying your Leadership style
* Effective Employment Practices
* Time Management
Upon successful completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Identify different styles of leadership and the strengths and weaknesses of each.
- Describe the interaction of their preferred types with other types and how to relate effectively.
- Describe their own leadership strengths and weaknesses according to their type.
- Describe the workplace dynamics of differing personality types in groups and teams in organizations.
- Identify the major laws affecting employers and their practical impact in day-to-day operations.
- Identify recordkeeping and documentation guidelines for human resources for the creation and maintenance of employee files.
- Describe what steps managers must take to ensure a respectful workplace.
- Explain how managers can make employment decisions consistent with employment laws.
- Use the Time Mastery Profile to help assess their time-management effectiveness and create a personal plan for improving their skills in key areas.
- Develop new skills for improved performance and reducing stress.
Contact any of our Business Development Managers to find out about customization opportunities for your company or call the BCI office at (517) 483-1857.
The Business & Community Institute
Phone: (517) 483-1857
Additional contact information »