Extensible Markup Language (XML)
This course provides the student with in-depth coverage of the Extensible Markup Language. Better known as XML, this language is fast becoming the de facto business language of the Internet. XML allows for powerful and ubiquitous B2B and B2C business solutions to be created, implemented and maintained. This course explores XML and related technologies, such as Document Type Definitions (DTDs), XML Schema, XML namespace, XSL, XSLT, and XHTML and demonstrates how to incorporate these technologies with Java with SAX and DOM. This course is an accelerated combination of the Introduction to XML and XML Programming with Java courses.
At the completion of this course, the student will be familiar with the following XML topics:
- Well-formed and valid XML
- Document Type Definitions (DTDs) and Schemas
- XML elements, attributes, entities, and namespaces
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformations (XSLT)
- Extensible Hypertext Markup Language (XHTML)
- Java SAX / DOM Programming
- Integrating XSLT with Java
- Using XML with wireless Palms.
Industry Certifications optional
This course is designed for those who need to write XML documents and incorporate them into their Java-based applications.
"[The trainer] was absolutely fantastic. He answered all the questions, did many demos about real life scenarios. He is an expert in the field."
The Business & Community Institute
Phone: (517) 483-1857
Additional contact information »