Placement & Orientation Waiver/Prerequisite Override Request Form
The Waiver Team strives to save students unnecessary placement testing and repeated courses while ensuring that they are not cleared to register for courses for which they are not prepared. In both matters we are responsible to the student requesting the waiver, to the academic department offering the desired course, and even to the other students taking the course. Check perquisite requirements for courses here.
Lansing Community College does not require orientation for students transferring in or guest students from another institution. However, we invite you to complete orientation online (for students with a Reading Level 5 or higher) or in person to learn more about how to be successful at LCC.
The Waiver Team will evaluate requests within 1 to 3 business days, and we will e-mail you as soon as we are done. Notice also that you can see your placement levels online by logging in to MyLCC and clicking the "Profile" tab.
After this, you should request your previous university/college(s) to send official transcripts to LCC Registrar's Office. Once the appropriate credits transfer in, these in many cases then can serve as the prerequisite for future classes you need, such that overrides might not be needed.
We cannot grant placement levels from
- Any grades below a 2.0 or C (not C-),
- Non-Accuplacer tests (WorkKeys, COMPASS, ASSET, PLAN, GRE, etc.),
- Other schools' developmental/remedial or ESL classes,
- English classes from a country that it not primarily English-speaking,
- Any classes still in-progress (But also see FAQ 16 here),
- Any classes below Intermediate Algebra or Quantitative Literacy/Math for Liberal Arts *, or
- Any classes in Accounting or Econ.*
* (But for a non-MATH course, see FAQ 5d2 & FAQ 15a here
Academic & Career Advising
Gannon Building - StarZone
Phone: (517) 483-1999
Fax: (517) 483-1970
Additional contact information »