Two-Day Event | 8am - 5pm
Thursday, Feb. 9th
Friday, Feb. 10th
Registration currently closed.
Mark your calendars for this year's Manufacturing Exploratory!
This will be a two-day event at multiple locations for those looking to explore more manufacturing ventures.
What is Manufacturing Exploratory?
- Explore the exciting field of Welding with the Virtual Welders
- Enhance your team building and communication skills through an active Team Build activity
- Opportunity to take the Accuplacer assessments
- Discover your DiSC behavioral style to improve work production, teamwork, and communication
- Earn a Fork Lift Certification
Capital Area Michigan Works! 2110 S. Cedar Street, Lansing
Team Building for Production
Team Building for Production is an 8-hour training which will help participants understand and appreciate the styles of the people they work with.
Participants will not only demonstrate the importance of team communication, but also how a positive attitude can increase productivity, and improve morale, quality, and customer satisfaction within an organization.
Lansing Community College West Campus
This 4-hour training will include training on OSHA Powered Industrial Truck Standard 1910.178 and forklift safety. Participants will complete a hands on skills evaluation and will be competent to operate forklifts without supervision.
Max: 6 participants
Virtual reality welding provides students with an opportunity to try welding in a way that is fun, exciting and engaging. Students are not inhibited by their first interaction with a training system that may appear to them as a game. A tremendous amount of interaction and learning takes place in a digital environment today, making the Virtual Welder a great way to meet students at a common ground where they are more inclined to learn and interact.
LCC Contact for M-CAM:
- Jill Doederlein, Project Manager, (517) 483-9665 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sheila Fink, Project Management Consultant, (517) 483-5202 or email@example.com
- Stephanie Waffle-Stephenson, M-CAM Success Coach, (517) 483-1974 or waffless@firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ivanna Rodgers, M-CAM Program Support, (517) 483-9744 or email@example.com
- Tim Carlson, Employment Service Specialist, (517) 483-1727, or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Business & Community Institute
Phone: (517) 483-1857
Additional contact information »